Yellow Warbler Wit - April 2014
Belgian Wit, one-gallon batch, all-grain recipe from the Brooklyn Brew Shop. This recipe was called "New Year Beer," and it came from their book titled Beer Making Book.
Ingredients - One Gallon
ABV is suppose to be 8.0%.
- 1.6 lbs Belgian Pilsner malt
- 0.6 lbs Pale Wheat malt
- 0.3 lbs Caramel 10 malt
- 0.2 lbs Munich malt
- 0.07 oz Centennial hops
- 0.12 oz Tettnanger hops
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 0.2 oz Amarillo hops
- 0.3 lbs Belgian Candi Sugar
- peels from two clementines
- Deb added 3/4 teaspoon of dried sweet orange peel from brew store
- Belgain ale yeast, Wyeast Belgian Strong Ale, 1388
- 3 tablespoons of honey for bottling (we used Toledo raw honey from the Phoenix Earth Food Co-op)
- brewed on Sun, Apr 27, 2014
- bottled on Tue, May 13, 2014.
- produced 8 bottles.
As of mid-June 2014, this is still my favorite of the one-gallon batches that we have brewed.
But in mid-July 2014 after we tasted our one-gallon batch of Belgian Trippel, I liked the trippel better than the wit.
This Belgian Wit recipe, however, is still a future five-gallon batch candidate. We want more of this beer.
#Belgian - #wit - #fruit - #spice - #wheat - #1gal